This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from the users of the site. We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving information about the site, sending you requested content, and, if you are in one of our trainings or workshops, to deliver you the content that is part of the program.
By using the site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Personal information refers to information such as your name, address, email address, geographical location, purchase history, gender, credit card information and browsing habits on our site.
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect relevant information from you when you register on the site, place an order, respond to a blog offer, respond to a survey, email, or participate in another site feature.
When ordering or registering or purchasing gifts, we ask you for your name, email address, billing or mailing address, phone number, credit card billing information or other information, as well as the name, phone number, mailing address of your gift recipient so that we can provide delivery.
You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
We May Process the Following Categories of Information:
• Communication Data: that includes any that you send us whether that be through the contact form on our website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting, or any other communication you send us. We process this data for the purpose of communicating with you, for record keeping, ease of service, and for the establishment, pursuance, or defense of legal claims. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
• Customer Data: that includes data relating to any purchase of goods and/or services such as your name, title, billing address, mailing address, email, phone number, contact details, purchase details and credit card details. We process this data to supply the goods and/or services you purchased and to keep records of such transactions. Our lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
• User Data: that includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services. We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain back ups of our website and database and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and business. Our lawful ground for this processing our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business.
• Technical Data: that includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyze your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests in which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
• Marketing Data: that includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences. We process this data to enable you to partake in promotions such as sales offers, affiliate offers, free contests with give-aways, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you, and measure or understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests in which case is to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business, and decide our marketing strategies.
We may use customer data, user data, technical data, and marketing data to deliver relevant website content, offers, and advertisements to you, including through social media.
We do not collect any sensitive data about you.
Sensitive data is defined as data that includes details about your race, ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union memberships, information about your health, and genetic biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offenses.
Our lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or our legitimate interests (namely to grow our business) with your given consent.
Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, we may send you marketing communications from us if (i) you made a purchase or asked for information about us or our goods and services in person or via other communication venues (ii) you agreed to receive marketing communications and in each case you have not opted out of receiving such communications since.
You can ask us to stop sending you messages at any time simply by unsubscribing from emails via the unsubscribe button which can be found at the bottom of each email or by sending firstname.lastname@example.org an email with your request to stop receiving emails.
If you opt out of receiving marketing communications this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as purchases, warranty registrations etc.
Opting out will impact our ability to deliver your online and subscription services, even those that have been already purchased if those services are delivered via email, so please stay!
Disclosure of Personal Data
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
• Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
• Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers.
• Government bodies that require us to report processing activities.
• 3rd party technology platforms that support the running and growth of Abundance Academy Inc. and delivery of our programs.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. All of our systems are encrypted with the latest technologies. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
How Do We Use Your Information?
Personal data collected by the Abundance Academy Inc. team will be used for editorial and feedback purposes, for marketing and promotional purposes, for content improvement, to inform advertisers as to how many visitors have seen or clicked their advertisements, and to customize content and layout of our site.
We also use your data to provide the best services to you, including:
• Providing and managing any accounts you have with us
• Providing and managing your access to our site
• Personalizing and tailoring your experience with us
• Supplying our services to you
• Personalizing and tailoring our services for you
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
• Market research that allows us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests. To quickly process your transactions.
• To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
• Names, postal and email addresses, and phone numbers collected may be added to our databases and used for future emails, calls, and mailings regarding site updates, new products and services, upcoming events, and status of orders placed online.
• Financial information collected may be used to check the user’s qualifications for registration, to bill the user for products and services, to notify the user of relevant taxing and regulatory authorities regarding payments or prizes.
• Abundance Academy Inc. uses customer contact information to send the user information about the company and promotional material from some of our partners. The customer’s contact information is also used to contact them in the event to notify the relevant taxing and regulatory authorities regarding payments or prizes.
• If you have opted-in to receive our email newsletter, complimentary gifts or ebook, we will send you educational and marketing emails as appropriate.
If you would no longer like to receive promotional emails from us, please refer to the “How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?” section below.
If you have not opted-in to receive email newsletters, you will not receive these emails. By signing up for one of our free programs, you have opted in to receive the newsletter.
All data will be held in compliance with the following:
• processed lawfully, fairly, and in a transparent manner in relation to the data subject;
• collected for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes, or statistical purposes shall not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes;
• adequate, relevant, and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which it is processed;
• accurate and where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data is not inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, is rebased or rectified without delay;
• kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for purposes for which the personal data is processed; personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes; and
• processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing against accidental loss, destruction, or damage, using appropriate technical or organizational measures.
We have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorization.
Our systems are encrypted and protected.
We will maintain data security by protecting the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of personal data, defined as follows:
Confidentiality means that only people who are authorized to use the data can access it. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, and they must keep it confidential.
Integrity means that personal data should be accurate and suitable for the purpose for which it is processed.
Availability means that authorized users should be able to access the data if they need it for authorized purposes.
As you browse MyAbundanceAcademy.ca, advertising cookies may be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. Cookies are files with a small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your computer’s hard drive. To opt-out of cookies, find and select the settings tab of the settings tab of your internet browser and click “block third party cookies and site data'' or select the “accept cookies” box.
Ordering Products and Services Online
We will request information from you on our order forms for purchases of products. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (such as name and shipping address) and financial information (such as credit card number, expiration date and CVV number). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we will use this information to contact you.
How Do We Protect Visitor Information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted through these servers.
Disclosure of Your Information to Outside Parties
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. It does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing advertising, or other uses.
How To Opt-Out:
To modify your email subscriptions, you can find an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
If you opt-out of receiving marketing communications this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as purchases, warranty registrations etc.
Opting out will impact our ability to deliver your online and subscription services, even those that have already been purchased if those services are delivered via email, so please stay!
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Your access and Control Over Information
You may opt-out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do so by contacting us via the email address email@example.com.
• See what data we have about you, if any.
• Change/correct any data we have about you.
• Have us delete any data we have about you.
• Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
Our Right to Contact the User
Abundance Academy Inc. reserves the right to contact the user when and as it is necessary for the entry into, or performance of, a contract between us. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records, and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
Changes to Policy
Policy changes will be posted on this page. Policy changes will apply only to information collected after the date of the change. This policy was last modified on August 25, 2021.
Questions and Feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.